Saturday 1 November 2014

1000 Reasons for My Heart to Find.

Psalm 103
Hello heir of the father. Objectively speaking, my life could go a lot smoother than its been going recently but I promised a post so here it is. Today I'm going to write about something a little more personal.
Whenever things aren't going as well as I want them to be, I try to think of all the good things God has done for me. I say try because I will not lie to you, i'm not perfect at it yet. Why? Firstly, because David did it, and it worked for him (Psalm 103). And secondly, because (and this is very true) even though things could be much better (and I don't doubt that they probably could) they could also be much worse. And even though you deserve better; which again I'm very sure you do, and there are people who deserve less who may have it better than you do, there are also people who deserve much more than you do who have it much worse than you do. I don't know if this is making any sense. But what I do know is that things will get better and I can give you many reasons but i'll just give you this one for now; for we know that all things worketh for good for those who love God and are called according to his purpose; and you, heir of the father, are called. Anyways, here is the list I said I would write about the things I have to be thankful for, in no particular order of Gratitude.

Things I Have to Be Thankful For in No Particular Order of Gratitude.
  1. Salvation (okay so salvation's first, even if they were in order)
  2. Family: because even though they get on your nerve at times, they still know almost everything about you and still accept you that way. 
  3. University: because there are people who want to be in school but have spent more than three years at home.
  4. Tuition: because university is expensive.
  5. Student visa: because a lot of people want that but don't have it.
  6. Friends: because you can talk to them and be weird around them and that's important.
  7. You: because you are reading what I wrote for you and you haven't closed the page yet. And that means a lot to me.
  8. Life.
  9. Kenneth Hagin
  10. Mali Music
  11. Joyous Celebration
  12. The food I eat and the people who make it for me.
  13. Random acts of everyday kindness
  14. The love of God, and the fact that I can never understand it.
Just think about it.
  • What do you have to be thankful for.
Lets Talk!
  • Is there anything you're grateful for that you'd like to share? Inspiring stories maybe?
  • Notice how I didn't give a reason why I'm thankful for salvation, I'd like to hear yours and it will probably be a long one (it should).
Prayer.
Heavenly Father, I don't want to ask for anything right now, I just want to say thank you. (Tell God what you are thankful for)

WHAT NOW??
Be the kind of person someone is thankful for today.

No comments:

Post a Comment